Followers

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Well, What's New?

I thought I'd try a new blog, the usual stuff history and toy soldiers.  Some new things have hove into view. With Beneath the Lily Banners- War of Three Kings I think I might be about to get much more use out of my Williamite War collection.  Following on from that I've both sides for the Great Northern War progressing very nicely.  There will also be more Lion Rampant'ing and Lamenting and other Mersey stuff in various eras.  And Piquet Field of Battle too.

What does the blog name refer to?   It's a quote from Aodh Mhor O'Neill the Earl of Tyrone.  There's a whole world in it and it was his response to a demand that he provide his son as a hostage.  

It came to mind as we modern folk approach another watershed in the onward march of history.  It also coincided with my new found interest in the Great Northern War, a North that I did not know and so I chose it as a blog title.  I hope it proves memorable.

Any road, as the Reivers used to say, we will kick off with a review of Beneath the Lily Banners- War of Three Kings.  I'm greatly taken by it.

Meantime here's a pic' of some houses for my 1513 Project - a current work in progress.  Actually they will do for a range of periods. They're 15mm from QRF who have nice stuff tucked away here and there. 

 
More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment