Followers

Monday, August 7, 2023

More Crimean War 15mm

 

The last of the British Heavy Brigade above.  Minfigs all.


More Minifigs.  The early stage of a Russian attack.  

 


These began with massed artillery fire and the actions of skirmishers and snipers. Then came an initial attack column screened by skirmishers.  

 


Next came a larger column with fixed bayonets. Another Maverick flag there. 

 

HM 46th from Minifigs.  I got a load of these figures cheap a few years ago. Minifigs then being very much out of fashion.  I'm glad I did.  They are now not cheap to buy new.  They are though, very nice.  

 


HM 68th, if you don't look too closely. Minifigs again.  Flags from Maverick Models.

 

The first of the British Guards, Scots this time. More Minifigs. Below, British Horse Artillery.  They will be getting limbers. Irregular figures and guns.

 


That's it so far. Next, I will attempt to finish off the Russian Cavalry.

8 comments:

  1. Fine units as always and I love the simplicity of the Minifigs figures, that take me back to seeing them on display in the 1970's when I was a teenager.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. Yes, that is where many of us started out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent additions to the armies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ray, there's loads of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Minifigs are still perfectly fine wargames figures; I still have quite a few serving in the ranks, with no plans to replace them!
    You've been on a real painting tear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have indeed. I couldn't agree more about Minifigs-they have some very nice ranges.

    ReplyDelete