Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Many more for the First Carlist War



Figures for the First Carlist War tend to come in fits and starts-at least in 15/18mm.  Ranges appear, disappear and are suddenly reborn.  Currently, we are not doing too badly two out of three are in production. The missing range being very sadly due to ill health.

QRF are regularly, if not speedily, adding to their range.  The latest pulse has brought us the British Auxiliary Legion (BAL) in the form of Grenadiers, Light Infantry, Centre Company, Command and BAL artillery.  The BAL was 10,000 men strong at one point which is well for me because I have more of them than I originally intended.

Chas of QRF informs me there are more to come too . In the form of BAL Rifles, British Marines, and a rocket battery!  I’m particularly pleased about the rockets.  There will also be Carlist and Cristino generals, artillery and crews. Should the Cristino artillery be in side caps I'll be able to use them for the French Foreign Legion gunners too.  All in all welcome news.  

The previous QRF release brought us French Foreign Legion and Cristino Royal Guard so let’s start there.  Here are the Guards I have two battalions of them.



Here is a battalion of French Foreign Legion.  I have another to do.



Another battalion of Carlists, 6th Viscaya infantry this time.

More Carlist cavalry in the form of the Ontoria Hussars this time from Capitan.  


I do like the Capitan cavalry.


Finally, a look at the BAL. I’m currently painting the Westminister Grenadiers (above) and (below) the Munster Light Infantry.  I like these figures and they mix well enough with the (single pose and command) Capitan BAL.  


You could also use these BAL figures for a couple of the Cape Wars. 


I can think of a few fellows who, rather splendidly, do the First Carlist War in 28mm. In 15/18mm only two and that includes me.  No doubt there are other devotees of Carlist War 15mm out there. If you're one of them do drop by and say hello.











No comments:

Post a Comment