Followers

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Matchlock 15mm FIW Highlanders? Anyone know?




Back in the day Matchlock Miniatures were forever announcing new, exciting ranges of figures.  Maroons in 15mm for example. Somehow they never got around to releasing all of them.  Or maybe that was just how it seemed to me.  Perhaps distribution was a problem. Perhaps limited quantities were produced and sold.

That brings me to the point of this post.  About three years ago a bought a load of FIW figures on eBay. It was truly a great bargain.  Before they all got put into the FIW drawer I noted most of them were Matchlock with a few Essex.

I got them out today in preparation for Muskets and Tomahawks 2.  Among them were 20 British FIW Highlanders.  Two poses firing or marching.  They look very much like Matchlock to me. The size is near identical and so is the sculpting style.   


Here's one with a Matchlock Compagnies Franches soldier.  See what you think.


And from the front.



They don’t appear in the current Matchlock listings but that doesn’t mean that they never did.  If anyone can confirm who made these figures, I would be delighted to hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. They do. I might ask Dave at Minifigs/Caliver because he was there at the time.

    ReplyDelete