Followers

Saturday, April 11, 2020

Tartars for With Talon and Claw



I bought a big bunch of Bashkirs at  a bargain price for my Russian Napoleonics.  While painting a couple of sample bases I had a fortuitous thought.  I already have three units of Tartars  in my Manchu Chinese Opium Wars Army. 


I also have another two units of Tartars in a stalled Ottoman project. One painted, one not.  A bit of retouching needed and re-basing.  Better than starting from scratch all the same.


By combining the whole lot I will actually have enough for a Tartar force for Barry Hilton's With Talon and Claw rules for the Great Northern War.  Better again all will have the Tartar look but each contingent will look different for ease of table top recognition.


Luckily, the basing system I use for Field of Battle is easily transferable to With Talon and Claw.  Also, Field of Battle requires four bases per unit while With Talon And Claw requires only three for cavalry.  The three bases house the requisite 6 figures per unit on the correct frontage.  Evidence of the Divine Plan you might think.  So, more units per unit as it were.


The Bashkirs are Old Glory 15mm and come in 5 poses.  The colour scheme is based on an old print of a Bashkir horseman.  We will be seeing more of them soon fighting for or against the Russians.  Just right for either League of Augsburg or Piquet games.

2 comments: