Above an unknown Regiment's colours captured Dunbar,
1650. It is unusual as it bears the devices of 4 families; Wemyss, Forbes,
Douglas and Sinclair. A composite regiment made of transferred Companies? I don’t
know.
The figures are from Peter Pig. The central Ensign has an expensive buff coat. Either lucky or gentry then. Note also the expensive dyed clothes. I considered giving him a sash but thought to let the paint do the work.
Argyle's Lowland Regiment. "Sallow faced" as Iain Lom said surveying their corpses at Inverlochy. Highlanders having a more ruddy look, presumably.
Pike and shot equipped of course. We will have reason to speak of them again in a future post. Black and Yellow were Campbell colours. That said I don't know how this regiment's colours appeared in reality. Figures from Essex, QRF and Peter Pig.
Figures from Essex, Lurkio and , Peter Pig.
Soon I want to complete the Covenanter Cavalry. Three regiments, that's 12 figures a piece, 2 squadrons. One will be Lancers the other two, pistol armed troopers.
Did I mention the Guns? Frames and a Field Piece to come. Next week we will either have Highlanders or more Russian Civil War.
Beautiful miniatures sir!
ReplyDeleteThanks Michal.
ReplyDeleteSplendid work.
ReplyDeleteThanks Richard.
DeleteLovely work
ReplyDeleteCheers Neil.
ReplyDeleteMore wonderful painting of your Scots. I cannot recall, have we had a parade yet? If not; please!
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, James
Thanks James and no parade yet. We will need 4 separate parades once we are done.
DeleteExcellent figures OB, a good use of one of my flags too!
ReplyDeleteThanks Ray. I have benefitted many times from your flags. A great resource.
ReplyDelete