Followers

Monday, April 29, 2019

A 15mm Napoleonic Russian Project


A couple of weeks ago I decided to put together a Russian Division for Over The Hills.  It was a whim, triggered by an eBay bargain that turned out to be half Russian and not all French.  The more I thought about it the more I liked the idea.  I took some advice and began to collect images.  This post is about how I set about collecting and painting the project.

I got a break, two thirds of the infantry at a knock down price.  The figures were Old Glory and I had seen too many badly painted examples of them to feel particularly enthused.  Fortunately, I came across a blog with some very nicely painted examples of the same figures.  Heartened I went ahead and so secured 32 Jaegers with command and 64 Grenadiers ditto for a third of their retail value.

For the cavalry and Horse Artillery I went to Campaign Group Miniatures and Timecast Old Glory 15mm.  I'm waiting for some from Capitan too.  You can see what I've painted so far here, GCM first two pics.


I’m happy with how they came out.  It feels like a good start. I've one more unit of Dragoons  one of Kuirassiers and a unit of Hussars to do.  That's it, though I'm tempted to add a unit of mounted Jaegers too.

Next up formed and skirmishing Jaegers.

No comments:

Post a Comment