Followers

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Preparing for the Battle of Ridgeway in 15mm



I thought I’d do the Fenian invasion of Canada using Rebels and Patriots which rather splendidly provides a list for both sides.  Huzzah!   I wanted to do this in 15mm and so I was immediately confronted with two problems.  First, where were my Canadians to come from? Second which ACW figures will be compatible with them?

Fortunately, I now know the answers and so the project can proceed.  The Canadians come in the form of British from Rank and File 19th Century Miniatures available via Timecast 15mm.  I think that they match best with Battle Honours 15mm ACW figures.   

So, without further delay let’s have a look at the toys.  You can see what 19th Century Miniatures have for Ridgeway below. Note the Albert Shako and Kilmarnock cap.




These are straight out of the bag.


You can see here how they scale with some Battle Honours Confederates who are about to rediscover their Irish roots. 
 


Once again.



Good enough for me I think.  I thought I'd paint a few up and see how they looked.


Strictly speaking I should convert the British coatees into jackets.  This could be very simply accomplished by applying a small ball of 'green stuff' below the left belt line of each figure and then flattening it and squaring it off.  That would provide the line of the jacket and could be done in moments.  Perhaps I will do so, but the pose of the figures means it would only be really noticeable from below.  So maybe I won't.


Either way, as you can see, the Battle of Ridgeway now seems eminently doable in 15mm.

2 comments:

  1. Looking cool. A period you don't see games very often, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray. Yeah, it's an unusual one alright.

    ReplyDelete