Followers

Monday, August 1, 2022

French Dragoons and Hussars for Beneath the Lily Banners

 

I bit the bullet, as it were, and did my Dragoons mounted and dismounted with horse holders and all. I have been meaning to do so for some time. 

Firmacon's above and below.  Mounted, Old Glory 7YW conversions ( I covered the turn backs with green stuff).

Dismounted dragoons from Gladiator with Irregular horses.

Dragoon Regiment Pomponne next.  Gladiator figures on Irregular horses.  They fit fine.  A better bet than converting the Old Glory one's I think. Why the Irregular horses?  The one's they come with are massive.  More like 20mm in scale.

Dismounted and ready to advance.  Gladiator men and Irregular horses.

 
A side view.
 

Hussars, one unit only.  It was early days for this troop type.  These ones are from Essex Miniatures.


Soon, I'll begin on the elite French Cavalry.  A challenging job with lots of lace to be painted.  Three regiments only. Also, I want to spruce up my French artillery and add a Master Gunner.


10 comments: