Followers

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Anglo Sikh War 15mm Command



My Anglo Sikh War games require command stands of Generals and Brigadiers.  I thought it might be useful to see what I had and where it all came from.  If you are considering the Sikh Wars in 15mm I hope you find it helpful. Let’s start with the British.
  Image result for sir henry hardinge image


Here’s Sir Henry Hardinge Governor General of Bengal.  He started his lead life as a French officer from Black Hat.  I added plumes.  In real life he was a ex Peninsular veteran who had lost a hand in battle.  Annoyingly no sooner had I added the plumes when I came across the image of him above without any.  I tell myself they must have been shot off.


Sir Hugh ‘Paddy’ Gough another Peninsular veteran.  

Image result for sir hugh gough

He began lead life as a Black Hat Prussian officer.  I added his famous white ‘fighting coat’ with green stuff.  In real life high British casualties led to the Anglo-Irish Gough being much maligned for unsophisticated tactics.  The record shows otherwise, at Mudki he attempted a double envelopement.  He was apparently much loved by his troops.  


British Brigadiers from QRF and Black Hat now at Fighting 15s in that order.




Sikh high command here from QRF.  The lad in half armour is from their Indian Native Princes pack and is accompanied by an Akali.  I'm pleased to show this photo as unusually for QRF they don't have one on their website.




Here's another from the same pack based on a portrait of Lal Singh the General who betrayed his army to the British. 
 Image result for sikh war images

I've added a plume and placed him with a Khalsa sharpshooter.


 Various Sikh commanders from Black Hat and QRF in that order.




Here are two Sikh Brigadiers, converted from Irregular's Sikh Dragoons by simply removing their carbines and adding a hackle like plume. I'll need a couple more of these.

 
I have a couple of US/Mexican War American officers who will be pressed into British service too.  Finally, two British Generals from Black Hat/Fighting 15s I'm puzzled by the head gear. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment