Followers

Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Pontic Progress



Back in the dizzy days of Mithridates initial challenge to Rome it looked as though he would revive the fortunes of the Hellenistic World.  As the champion of Hellas, he naturally enough relied upon the daunting power of the Macedonian phalanx.  Obviously, I needed to provide him, or at least his talented general Archelaus with one.  I had a load of old Frei Korps 15 figures suitable for refurbishment.  I set about the task and these are they representing the liberated slaves so vital to the Pontic Army.


Not bad at all, I think. Once again, the old stuff stands the test of time.  They certainly inspire a sense of what a phalanx might look like. I’m pleased enough with them and now the rest of the array will be easy enough to complete.


The brush bristles played there part once again.  The savings are not to be sniffed at and have already been put to good use.


The mercenary Brazen shields are finished too.  In total I have six sturdy taxis of phalangites containing 96 phalangites and that is enough for a miniature Mithridates.


Should you be wondering if I have the scythed chariots too? I do indeed although they may need some attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment