Followers

Monday, August 2, 2021

A Spanish Civil War Women's Battalion 15mm

 

I look at the young lass in the photo above and cannot help but wonder, did she get through it all?  She looks brave and full of hope.  Note the plain Isobelino cap.  Click for bigger pic's.

Today, we are going to have a look at one of the Republican Women's Battalions that fought in the Spanish Civil War. As usual I've used Peter Pig 15mm figures.  These come in two types wearing a mono or in their dresses.  This is quite correct. 


There are many photographs of women in their Summer frocks fighting to defend the Republic.

Mono's were also popular wear for both men and women soldiers on the Government side.

Now, Peter Pig don't make woman officer or NCO figures and I needed some.  By adding hair made of Green Stuff I got what I wanted.  I think these will do the job.

 

Here is the Battalion again deployed with command and all.  I'm minded to add another section.

My Spanish Civil War Rules project is coming along nicely.  The first draft is done and I've decided to call it Arriba é Non Pasaran for fairly obvious reasons. It combines the best known slogans of both sides and still makes sense, translating, I think, as Arise and None Shall Pass.  

More on the rules shortly. The first draft is written and runs to 10 page.  Here are three of the cards, the middle one is the ominous Event Card.

I hope to have a test game in the next week.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work and interested to see how your rules develop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Neil. I'm looking forward to trying them out. I'll do a full report here.

    ReplyDelete