Followers

Monday, October 10, 2022

Two new squadrons of SYW 18mm Prussian Hussars

Here are the latest additions to my SYW Prussian Hussars.  I’ve taken more pics of a single unit than usual.  This is because they took some effort painting.  The flags are by David at Not By Appointment.  Very kindly he sent me high definition versions of them.  As you can see they look a treat. 


First, we have von Puttkamer’s Hussars.  These are from Blue Moon.  If you need 3 squadrons of Prussian Hussars go to Blue Moon.  Good value and excellent figures.  Why 3 squadrons?  That’s how they sell them.

Next, we have von Zieten’s Hussars from Old Glory.  Their uniform is tricky to paint but worth taking time over. 

I have a lot of OG figures and I’m shaping up to get more.  Usefully, Timecast now sell them in single unit packs.  Good for finishing off projects.


Also, OG often go that one step further. Note the trooper wearing his dolman.  A very pleasing detail.

I now have one squadron of Prussian cuirassiers to do and one more of hussars.  We can talk about the dragoons later.



That’s it so far.  Next week we will see my first SYW Austrian infantry brigade.

 

12 comments:

  1. Looking good! How do the Old Glory and Blue Moon cavalry compare, size wise? I vaguely recall OG mounts being a bit larger than the BM cavalry. Correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jonathan. They fit well size wise. BM horses have more heft, OG might stand slightly taller. I'll do a comparison post with pic's for cavalry and infantry soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers Steve, the encouragement keeps me going.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! :-) All hussars should have guidons... (Well, actually all troops should have flags, of course.) ;-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats good looking hussars OB, and these are very good looking hussars indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Richard, I am pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete