Followers

Thursday, March 21, 2019

I sometimes play Napoleonics


I have a smallish collection of armies for the Peninsular War, mainly French and Spanish.  They don’t get out much.  Today being a sunny day, I thought I’d take some pics and post them here.  I want the pics to make unit cards for Over the Hills Napoleonic rules.  The latter turn out to be a splendidly straight forward confection produced by fellows who love the period.  Just what I needed and with the aid of unit cards ideal for pick- up games. 

The idea being that the front of each card shows the unit and the back it’s capabilities.  Cards aren’t required for the game but I think I’ll find them useful.

My collection is based for Piquet Field of Battle and handily there is no need to re-base for Over the Hills. If I could be bothered I'd go for 6 infantry to a base but as yet I really cannot face the scale of the task.

So, here are the Spanish infantry. First up the Irish, Hibernia and Ultonia and the Valencians from Fantassin as was, now trading as Capitan via Stonewall Miniatures.





A lot of Old Glory Spanish infantry (sadly the Musketeer bayonets easily break) with a smattering of Fantassin.






I've two battalions of Light Infantry, another two line battalions and the Walloon Guards but they have failed to report for duty having been put away in the wrong box.


The Spanish cavalry and guns all from Old Glory.  Dragoons here.


 I'll be adding another Spanish cavalry unit once I've decided between Hussars and Heavy cavalry.


The Spanish guns, I have three batteries.


 The French infantry and guns.



The infantry are from Fantassin now Capitan from Stonewall Miniatures, Black Hat now Fighting 15s, Old Glory from Timecast 15mm and best of all Xan which are splendid.  I think they fit together nicely enough.  I have rather a lot of foreign units mainly because I was taken by the Fantassin sculpts, the Irish and Swiss are from Xan.









There are a few more line infantry units enough all in all for three brigades. 

The French cavalry starting with my sole regiment of Dragoons from Campaign Group Miniatures.


The work horse of the army two regiments of Chasseurs a Cheval.


Once again these are from Old Glory and I find the whole range very nice indeed.


As are the deadly Vistula Lancers.


I could do with another regiment of Dragoons perhaps from AB and somewhere there is a bag of Hussars.

I've enough for a game once I've done the cards.

2 comments:

  1. A great collection OB. I did wonder what happened to your blog and had no idea you had this one!!! Why don't you add a Followers widget to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray. I'm adding the links and follow widgets this weekend. I lost access to the old blog due to the talk-talk fiasco. It took me a while to get going again.

    ReplyDelete