Followers

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Sikh War Horse Artillery Limbers 15mm Conversions








I wanted some 15mm horse artillery limbers for my Sikh War games.  No one makes them so I thought I’d have a go at converting some.   

I was lucky and for a good price got a couple of Napoleonic RHA limbers and riders from eBay.  Minifigs, which is good as they take a head swop exceedingly well and they scale fine with QRF Bengal Horse Artillery from whence the heads would come.

The actual conversion was quite straight forward.  Heads off and heads on and leave overnight.   


Then I needed to add green stuff to build up the boots and lengthen the horse hair plumes.  


They won't be winning any prizes but I’m pleased with them. Here they are Bengal Horse Artillery limbers.


The Sikh Khalsa Horse Artillery was a bit more challenging.  I bought some Irregular Miniatures Hungarian Horse Artillery Limbers. The size was right and the figures seemed to lend themselves easily to conversion.  I needed to do three things with green stuff:

First build an imitation busby around the low shakoes the riders wore.


Second build up Sikh baggy trousers on the riders and add big beards.



Thirdly add braid to the coat of the riders and a cord to the hat.


I think the hats might be a bit big but I’ll live with it. The rest I’m happy with.  Here they are.



2 comments: