Followers

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

The French and Indian Wars




I’ve become quite enthused by the news that Muskets and Tomahawk is to see a second edition.  The first edition passed me by but all the AAR’s online are very inspiring and I do have a collection of FIW figures based for Rebels and Patriots.  Anyhow I decided to see what I’d got and came across a bunch of unpainted canoes and rafts from Irregular Miniatures.

I took myself over to Ray’s at Don’t Throw a 1 because he’s done a fair bit of FIW stuff.  You can find the link in the column on the right.  There’s good stuff there including range size comparisons and how to make an Indian long house.  I wanted to see pictures of painted canoes and they were their too.  There was also a cunning wheeze enabling the canoe crew to be easily removed for table top verisimilitude.  All good.

I have a bottle of craft paint that has been with me for years.  It’s labelled Fawn and it does great service for Crimean Russian overcoats, Mutiny British early khaki and the odd butternut Confederate.  I thought it would serve equally well for Birch Bark canoes.



Meantime I've painted up my maybe Matchlock Highlanders.



In fact, I've been rather busy. Here are some Matchlock Compagnies Franches de la Marine.


British light Infantry too from Essex.



And, some Canadian Militia from Blue Moon.





More Highlanders (Minifigs) with some new buildings that I'm working on in the background.



I have a Block House.  As you can see I've not glued the roof on to enable it to be garrisoned.  It will actually take a unit of figures.




Essex Mission Indians.  I have loads of these.  I might give them a white cross on their faces.




I've got a lovely armed 'Jesuit' (Minifigs) in full black robe and crucifix to go with them.


Indians Galore from Blue Moon.


That's a very nice Matchlock French officer in front.


A few more here.


More soon, specifically a post on what Matchlock offers for the FIW.  I'm very impressed by Matchlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment