Followers

Thursday, February 27, 2020

French & Indian War Matchlock 15mm-Part 1


We are not badly served for 15mm miniatures for the French and Indian Wars. Essex, Minifigs and QRF all do some good figures.  Blue Moon 15mm seem to have an enthusiastic following including me.  I have figures from all of these manufacturers but this post is not about any of them. 

It is about Matchlock Miniatures because I think they are something special.  Currently, not all of the range are shown on the Minifigs website so I thought I’d post pics here so you can see them.

British Light Infantry with Essex officer.


A closer look.
 


British Grenadiers


British Rangers with a Minifig's officer.


Compagnies Franches de la Marine. Two Blue Moon on your left.





Indians



A closer look.

French regular Infantry


Another look at the fusiliers.




Matchlock French Officers, I find these full of style.


French Mounted Officers.



I also have these Highlanders that I’m pretty sure are Matchlock although they don’t appear in the current listings.  The command figures are Minifigs.


More next time including Highlanders firing.

4 comments:

  1. I've got a few Matchlick figures in my FIW collection too. They are great figures. My favourite is the bare chested CFM commander. What a great pose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I can now confirm the Highlanders are indeed Matchlock.

    ReplyDelete