Followers

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Montrose and the Covenanters (2) -A Field of Battle 3 Project


As you can see I’m pressing on with both forces in tandem. 




First two new units for the Covenant, the Aberdeen Militia above with pikes advanced. Below, in line.




Northern levies in line.


Ditto with pikes forward.


A pair of frame guns here.  I have another pair to do.


You can see the first of my Highland pike men conversions here mixed in to help form Minimore’s and Farquharson’s Royalist regular regiments.  Minimore's Regiment below in line.


With pikes supporting.


Farquharson’s Regular regiment ditto.



My next regiment will be Argyle’s Highland regular regiment.  Then a couple of units of Scots Horse. Lancers, I think.

After that it’s on to the Highlanders and the Irish regulars.  Lots to do there and some thinking about basing the Highlanders.  I may go for 5 to a base if I can't get the look I want with 4.

The aim is to be ready for when Field of Battle 3 pops through my letter box. I want to try the campaign system out and these handy sized forces seem ideal.

3 comments:

  1. Splendid looking troops! I already have a Covenanter army finished, I will have to do some regularised Highlanders too I guess for both sides, more tartan!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Iain. Well done on getting your Covenanters done. The regular Highlanders conversions were fairly straight forward I thought.

    I've more tartan painting in front of me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on these new recruits as well!

    ReplyDelete