Followers

Monday, June 1, 2020

Montrose and the Covenanters (3) - A Field of Battle 3 Project



Work continues apace and the project is coming together nicely.  So far I have five regiments of Covenanter foot done.  Four complete for Montrose. Above some Scots Lancers who might appear on either side.  

Below the Earl of Argyle's Highland regular regiment with pikes supporting.  As you can see we  are now well into the tartan. The two archers are purely decorative.



Below, the same regiment in line.  Clan Campbell to a man  this was the epoch of 'King Campbell'.



Below the first of the Highlanders. These ones from the numerous and bellicose Clan Donald. 


 I have seven more of these to do.   Let's have a closer look.


Then it's on to the Irish regulars and the Gordon Horse.  I need to get my skates on as FOB 3 has already crossed the Atlantic.

4 comments:

  1. You should have FoB3 very soon!
    Nice job with the tartan patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to it. It was posted out this afternoon. So I should have it by the end of the week.

    Glad you like the tartan. I'm trying a new method.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ray. I've now got my copy of FoB3. Not quite done with painting yet but now most of the Highlanders are done. So that's the tricky bit done.

    ReplyDelete