Followers

Tuesday, January 11, 2022

French Revolutionary Cavalry in 15mm


These are big 15mm’s from the Old Glory French Revolution range.  Not quite 18mm though, so a good fit with my Lancashire Games stuff.  I like these figures a lot.  There’s enough detail and a nice variety of poses. Below, the 11th Hussars.

 

I intend adding another unit of hussars.  I rather fancy doing the 10th or the Black American Hussars in their sky blue uniforms although they were only 50 or so of the latter.

The happy medium here with the 11th Chasseurs a Cheval as above top.  It is very tempting to do another Chasseur unit in Tarleton.

Last, the 9th regiment of line cavalry. They could get a second squadron as I have the appropriate flag.  That said I might do a unit of Gendarmes instead as I have a flag for them too.

Finding suitable lags for these units was quite tricky and I’m resolved only to paint units I can provide with an appropriate flag. I'd very much like to do a dragoon unit but currently I'm stuck for a flag.

Finally more infantry, my last column  of Parisian National Guard.


I now have enough French Republicans for a game.  There are lots more left to paint.  Lots of everything else too.

 

8 comments:

  1. A lovely mix of cavalry there OB and nice flags too. I hope you can find more so that you can paint up the units you want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much Ray. I think your unit of French light infantry for Haiti may have been the start of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Old Glory FRW cavalry are actually quite good. Bigger than Lancashire but smaller than Eureka or AB. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jonathan, yeah they are pretty good I think. We should be seeing some from Blue Moon as well.

    ReplyDelete