Followers

Monday, October 3, 2022

Prussian 18mm SYW-the second infantry brigade

 


Here we have my second brigade of Prussian infantry.  One battalion of fusiliers and two of musketeers.  The figures are mainly Blue Moon and all battalions benefit from Not by Appointment flags. The musketeer battalions both have Eureka mounted officers.  This in turn has has released 4 figures that have tipped the balance of surplus figures to enable another battalion.  I wonder which one I'll choose.

I got a unit of Prussian light troops done.  These are Le noble Jager from Lancashire Games.  I'll do a second jager unit too. Not sure which one yet.


 
Now for the fellows who really counted, IR5 von Braunschweig first.

 IR33 De La Motte-Fouqé fusiliers below.

 Last, but not least, as they are at the top of the page too-IR7 Braunschweig-Bevern.

 

With that the second milestone has been reached. The Austrians now demand attention.  Much has already been done.  The artillery and light infantry are all done. The hussars are complete as are, if you count Grenzers, four infantry battalions.

You may wonder, have I no Prussian Grenadiers?  I do, they were painted in the earlier abortive stage of this project.  I need to give them a close look to see if they still pass muster.  If so, we will see them with the Prussian Generals and Brigadiers.  With 6 new figures from Eureka I should manage 2 grenadier battalions.

It happens that I have 50 Old Glory French SYW infantry-no turnbacks.  Mute as they are they nag at me.  I'm severely tempted to heed them and do a SYW French Army.  As a compromise (with myself) I'm determined to finish the Austrians and Prussians first.

Of course if I bought all the French figures now I'd save some money-obviously.  It needn't be a full Army either, need it?  Then of course I would need their opponents.  I have 50 Hanoverians already.




22 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! So much to agree with here! Love seeing the mounted Eureka officer added into the regiment and thoughts of building French and Hanoverians? Of course, you want to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do! Samples have been ordered. I'm going to review the Lancashire ones here.

    I'm thinking 2 brigades of infantry, 1 of cavalry and three guns. Also, like everyone else, I need a treat.

    A mixture of Eureka and Blue Moon for the cavalry I think, the heavies anyhow. I've high hopes of the Lancashire hussars, might look at their dragoons too.

    I'm also patrolling Colonel Bill's and ebay to no great avail.

    All in all, a good decision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so it begins.....hmm those Russians / Saxons etc look nice, if I just do....
    The Blue Moon figures do look nice though....
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  4. Splendid! Sounds like a great plan. Look forward to seeing more. Will you be using NBA French flags? :-)

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I can manage it I'll be using only NBA flags. I'm doing my planning and research now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good. :-) If there are any particular French flags you would like and you cannot find them on my blog, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

      Cheers,

      David.

      Delete
  6. Splendid David, expect an email and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look great; you should be very proud of them! Very rapid progress in painting your 7YW troops. Only Napoleonics is worse, I think, in the potential creep of the armies across the Continent, and then across the world. The Naval side of the 7 YW is pretty interesting, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very kind Gonsalvo thank you. I think I've got my SYW painting hand in now. That speeds things up.
      I know what you mean about Napoleonics. I have French, Russians and Spanish Armies.
      Also I have Barry Hilton's starter naval rues and a handful of wee ships. Nothing painted yet.

      Delete
    2. Napoleonics: French, Austrian, Russian, Prussian, British, Danish, Swedish, Kingdom of Italy, Portuguese, Spanish, Bavarian, Saxon, Wurttemberg, Baden, Duchy of Warsaw, Rhinebund (Wurzburg, Nassau), Heese-Darmstadt, Brunswick, Westphalia so far! :-)

      Delete
  8. Splendid work as always OB and David's flag are cropping across various Blogs and in different 'scales' which is great to see:).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Steve. I could not agree more about David's flags. They really lift a unit.

      Delete
  9. Thanks Ray. I'm learning some SYW painting techniques I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is an inspiration OB. I enjoy looking at your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks very much Richard, that is good to hear. I should have some more done very shortly. I got a bit stuck on the Zieten Hussars but cracked it eventually.

    ReplyDelete