Followers

Thursday, May 2, 2024

Crimean War-British Cavalry 15mm

 


Finally, I have completed my British Cavalry for the Crimean War.   Above we have the 17th Lancers who got shot and shelled to pieces at Balaclava.  As the French fellow said "It's not War".  Yet, they did what was asked of them so let's see them again.



All Minifigs save for the officer in his cap.  he is a Gladiator figure and surely one of the most useful period figures to have,  He is one of a pack of two British Officers available from Fighting 15s.  

The Hussars next.



These ones are from Irregular.  They have a fine campaign look.





The Light Dragoons, also from Irregular and the last of my Light Brigade. I'm not happy with the shako on these. Unsurprisingly, as it is in fact a Mirliton. I'm wondering if I can chop the Mirlitons into pill box caps.


For the moment they will be replaced by Minifigs.  Luckily, I have just the figures needed. Here they are, fresh from my Sikh Wars Collection. I gave their base a brown wash.



Here is the Light Brigade on the move.



Hussars here with Cardigan.



On to the Heavy Brigade.  Now, we have seen many pic's of these fellows before illustrating the Godman Letters.



For that reason I think these two pic's of General Scarlett leading the brigade should suffice.



That is the British Cavalry complete, at least for my collection.  Time for the British Artillery.  Including, should you have wondered, the RHA limbered and in action.

Now, Dear Reader, I request your assistance. Should you happen to be a Lead Adventure Forum Member could you please inform their Admin that the forgotten password function is not working. It should send an enabling email to the requester. It no longer does.  Many thanks if you are able to help.



12 comments:

  1. New topic posted on LAF with your query and LAF ID - OB
    Will see what happens,
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a million Neil. Hopefully it will do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Light and Heavy Cavalry Brigades look excellent OB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. It is good to see them all together at last.

      Delete
  4. Loads of lovely cavalry, both light and heavy are rather nice and good to see the all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing looking cavalry. They will great on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent units there OB! I just received my copy of Esposito's 'Armies of the Crimean War', to get more au fait with the period and mainly as inspiration for my ImagiNations armies:).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Steve. I've become increasingly interested in ImagiNations and alternative History.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some excellent brushwork on those cavalry, OB.

    ReplyDelete