Followers

Friday, June 7, 2024

Crimean War 15mm- A Few More

 



I have begun the mopping up, painting wise, for the Crimean War.  Above, all from Irregular, French gunners, guns and gabions.



The British Guards final battalion of three. This one from Irregular.

Poking about in the unpainted box I realised I could do another British Brigade.  So I did.



HM 88th, latterly the Connaught Rangers.  All Minifigs save the two Irregular standard bearers.



HM 68th Durham Light Infantry all from Irregular.



HM 97th The Earl of Ulster's all Irregular figures.

I had the opportunity to ask Barry Hilton about the release of his Crimean War rules.  He hopes to release them at some point in the future. 

Next for the Crimean War I will finish painting the British and French artillery.  The Russian artillery are done so we might see them next. 





10 comments:

  1. Nice work OB, I do like the 97th, especially the blue flag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ray. An unusual colour for a British regiment. The HEIC also used it for one of their European regiments. It does make them stand out.

      Delete
  2. Super additions to your collection, very nice indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Donnie. The collection is near complete. As usual it took about a decade.

      Delete
  3. Very nice indeed OB - I have the 88th in my 28mm Crimean collection, using Ebor figures - see here (early days of my blog when absolutely no one was commenting!)
    https://1808534.blogspot.com/2016/09/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keith. I'll stick a link up here to your blog. Blogger permitting of course!

      Delete
  4. Thanks Richard, more British Artillery next.

    ReplyDelete