Followers

Monday, July 8, 2024

Revolutionary War Hessians

 


Above, my entire Hessian contingent so far.  The figures are mostly Essex 15mm.  They should make for a strong presence on the table top.  Should I add to them it will be solely to increase the size of the units you see below.  I am tempted to give them a couple of cannon.  We will see.



Von Donop's musketeer regiment above.



The Losburg Fusiliers here.  Or at least I think that is who they are. They were painted an aeon ago.



Combined Grenadiers above.


The Hessian Jagers. I will end up with 6 bases of these.  Giving me two units.  These ones above are from Essex.  The additional figures will be from Peter Pig. 



The Hessian Brigadier is from QRF.

I have been busy painting more British units. We will see my progress shortly. Still to do are HM 5th, HM42nd and the Royal Highland Emigrants. I consider all three tricky to paint what with a good Gosling Green and, of course, tartan. More straight forward are the Guards, the 4th Foot and the combined grenadiers. All of which are coming on nicely.  Next time we will see the revolutionaries.

Now, a note to Jonathan. I had thought I could contact you through an email on your blog.  Seemingly not. Could you suggest an email address or drop me a line via the email on this blog.  Thanks.


12 comments:

  1. Excellent work as always OB:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always nice to see some Hessians hit the table, they look great and offer something a bit different from the massed ranks of redcoats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Donnie, I thought that too. The extra Jagers and the Hessian battery arrived today. That should complete the Brigade nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant work. They look a treat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice- solid troops to beat up the Continentals!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks John. I'm just finishing off the additional Jagers. Should make them even deadlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely looking "Hessians" OB......they definitely win the competition for the best flags in the AWI!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Keith. Those flags are from Warflag the free flag site.

    ReplyDelete