There are words for it. “Mission Creep”
for the military and “Project Drift” for civic ventures. That tells us it is something
humans do. So it is no surprise to find that I’m painting Scots units when I intended
to major in English ones.
It could be worse. I have five English
Regiments of Foot done and three squadrons of Horse. Also I have done a One Man
and His Dog by way of command.
Here he is.
He (Rupert of the Palatinate) is a Frei Korps 15mm miniature bought
just before the Deluge. Next White Coats with red flags, yellow flags and white
flags.
All Matchlock 15mm, or nearly so.
Note each company (base if you like, stand
even) has its own flag. I feel this is period feel stuff and I like the look of
it.
Apparently standard practice was colours front on encountering the enemy for the first time. Then colours to the rear before the fighting began. I need to credit the fellow gamer and blogger who made these fine flags. Investigation will follow.
Let’s horse around starting with Cuirassiers
with a black flag.

Next red flag horse. It is too small to
see but the flag ridicules a notorious cuckold on the opposing side.
The blue flag boys have a nice white heraldic device. They are also getting a second squadron.
All the Horse are Matchlock 15mm.
A moments pause for the Dead. These are
important as a tracking device in Victory Without Quarter. Many more of these
to come.
Caledonia here we come. First the
Strathbogie Regiment. The flags are from the magnificent Project Auldearn.
Some Highlanders from QRF as was. The great thing about Highlanders is by substituting flags they can represent any Clan Host. Below we see QRF, original FK15 and Peter Pig. Mix and match.
Now the latest Cards. Sealant has yet to be applied. I'm waiting until I have the set.
I am enjoying this project a great deal. Bigly
in fact. I’m enjoying it bigly and you cannot say better than that.
Excellent brushwork OB, I like the look of the cards
ReplyDelete