Followers

Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Three More English Battalions and the clatter of hooves

 

I now have 5 English battalions done.  Here are the latest ones.  First Sir John Hanmers, a drilled regulation formation.  Pike and Matchlock.   

 

There is some conflict as to their facing colour. I’ve seen both red and yellow.  After crossing the river Boyne Hanmer's regiment were broken and cut up by the Jacobite cavalry.


The Earl of Bath’s next, because, blue coats!  Not many English infantry had them.  Maybe only Bath’s.  Anyhow, I couldn’t resist doing them.  Another Pike and Matchlock equipped Drilled unit.

A battalion of fusiliers.  No pike but they do have flintlock muskets.   


They are, perhaps, fancier than needs be.  My figures all had lace on their coats so I painted it.

The first of the English Horse next. 

The Oxford Horse was a regiment of two squadrons.  I’ve done one with armour and one without.  It is a drilled bullet horse regiment.


With armour first.


Without armour above.

I'll do another one or two English battalions and then some two of Hugeonots.

 

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant additions to the collection. Any sane gamer HAS to paint up the Earl of Baths, in a blue coat. They stand out in the ramks like a sore themb.

    ReplyDelete