Followers

Thursday, November 17, 2022

SYW 18mm Distraction Strikes

 

I’ve been a bit busy of late.  Hence the delay in posting. Also, my SYW French Army has arrived.  Naturally, I felt the need to paint up a couple of units.  My Austrian/ Prussian output has suffered consequently.

All is not lost.  Here is Austrian Dragoon Regiment Jung Modena.  Figures from Blue Moon and flag from Wargame Designs.  Poor light for the pic's but enough I hope.

 

Now, the French.  These ones are from Lancashire Games with flags from David at Not by Appointment.


 Above, the second Battalion of the Grenadiers de France.

 

Next, Bulkeley's lads, part of the Irish Brigade of France.  I like them.  Most of their comrades will be from Blue Moon with a few Eureka.  That said I'm going to be using a lot of Lancashire command figures.  I've learned the virtue of mix and match.

We will be back to the SYW Austrians and Prussians in the next post but one.  The reason being we are going to talk about Billhooks Deluxe next week.  I wrote the Hibernia chapter so it is appropriate I declare an interest in advance of commenting.

12 comments:

  1. Nicely done, it's good to mix figures just to give slight differences in poses etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Neil. Yes, and we are all different sizes too.

      Delete
  2. All very nice and plenty of splashes of colour with these uniforms to really lift the figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Norm. Mostly white uniforms to come for the infantry.

      Delete
  3. Excellent work! Your Grenadiers and Irish look ace. Still yet to field Grenadiers de France for my project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jonathan. I've got some from Eureka for the first battalion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spectacular units. Love the grenadiers, but they would all grace any table.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Richard. I just had to paint some up it's such a lovely uniform.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic additions to your 7 YW forces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have only recently come to your blog (via links elsewhere). Your Seven Years' War figures look tops.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very kind James. Thank you. I hope to have more Austrian and Prussian dragoons to show here soon.

    ReplyDelete