Followers

Thursday, March 5, 2020

Where to Next?



Mostly, people do this sort of thing at the start of the New Year so I’m a bit late.  I thought I should say what sort of things I’ll be writing about and taking pics of for the rest of the year.  It’s an eclectic mix and stuff certainly won’t necessarily appear in perfect sequence. 


New departures, more or less, will include the French and Indian War with Muskets and Tomahawks and the Italian Wars with Hell Broke Loose and Furioso.  


There’s something else too.


Graham Evans is publishing his Tai Ping China Wars rules. You are probably already familiar with his 'To Ur' rules.  I have the Tai Ping and Manchu toys already so at the very least there will be a review and a game or two. 

I’m also hoping to finally finish my Carlist War collection.


I’m just waiting for QRF to release the last batch of figures.  So, Carlist War action is probable. 


The Irish Wars articles will continue because I’ve still got a lot more to say.  I’ll do the battles of Glenmalure and Kinsale. Then I want to write about a campaign year in Ireland-there was more to it than you might think.  Hopefully it can form the basis of a strategic campaign game. Speaking of games I intend to work my way through the battles we have looked at so far.


And speaking of battles  The War of Three Kings and Talon and Claw will be having some outings.


My interest in 19th Century India is perennial so there will be Sikh War and Mutiny stuff too. 

In terms of big blog projects like the one on the Nine Years War in Ireland my next one will be Late Roman Britain and Ireland.  The first installment, titled The Western Frontier is already written and I've made a start on the second which is called The Attecotti, Saint Patrick and Macsen Wledig.  I like to have three done before I begin to publish the ideas flow better that way.

There may be other stuff too, because there always is.  A sudden enthusiasm or a resurrected project like my Greek War of Independence one.  We are all susceptible to it.   


That’s as much as I can say for now.  I hope you continue to find things here that interest you-thanks for reading.

4 comments:

  1. Eagerly awaiting your first full "To Ur" battle report. There's a slight error in your listing. You seem to have overlooked the 1879 Pacific War, and the excellent rules written by that Graham Evans fellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they seem to have been very well received. I was tempted but didn't because of the Greek War of Independence project that I neglected last year. War gaming wise I have my hands full this year.

    I'll certainly be doing a full To Ur report. The toys are all painted at last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you're gonna be pretty busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's fitting it all in that worries me.

    ReplyDelete