Followers

Wednesday, July 15, 2020

A Few More For Comitatus



Here are some Roman Treaty Troops.  Goths who fought in the style of their Sarmatian neighbours. They are Donnington 15mm and in Comitatus 'Shock Cavalry'.   I may buy another unit of them.  One of the sure signs that a set of rules enthuses me is that I buy new, possibly unneeded, stuff to play them.  Comitatus has had that effect.


The unit above could be either Ghassanid or Lakhmid Arabs again from Donnington.  These are city boys rich on trade and well trained.  I have another unit to paint and one of infantry.

Here we have the Theban Legion from the Roman garrison of Egypt.  


Soon they will be joined by an Armenian Legion and a unit of Lanciarii.  Meantime here are some Roman Syrian archers.  



I'm taken by the style of these little Donnington fellows.  There's a lot to like and I've ordered quite a few more of them.

8 comments:

  1. Grest looking figures OB. Donington do have great range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ray. Yeah, they have some nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes rules enthusiasm usually leads to new purchases and new units!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good looking late Romans! Yes the games I'm playing is generating more units to paint than the ones I'm "meant " to be painting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  5. Exactly the same here. I should be finishing off my Montrose figures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exellent work. Great figures.
    I used to have bunch of TTG Late Roman but swapped them for Marlburian ...now I want them back LOL
    I've picked up the rules again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you.

    Oddly enough, I did the same thing! TTG command figures are still worth getting. I recently bought some infantry ones.

    ReplyDelete