Followers

Tuesday, May 10, 2022

More 15mm for the Hellenistic Wars

 

I continue to press on to complete my Macedonian and Persian Armies, shading into Hellenistic Armies. Old Glory Xystophoroi above.  I have used a fair range of figures and you will find two comparison pic's at the foot of the page.

Persian archers and slingers from Lancashire Games with command.

 

Xyston Persians mixed with Lancashire Games Cardakes.

Forged in Battle Agrainian javelin men.  These are particularly nice figures.  So nice I did two units.  Alexander seems to have used them for special operations.  They could skirmish and melee, so I did them 3 to a base.

 

Betimes they were allied with the next bunch.

 

Forged in Battle Galatian mercenaries. Very popular in Hellenistic Armies and  they will do service on their own account.  There are odd bits of info' about suggesting that the colour blue may have had specific significance for Celtic warriors.

A 15mm comparison shot looking from left to right Lancashire, Forged in Battle, Xyston, Forged in Battle.  Side shot below in the same order.

Only a few bits and pieces to do now.  Or so I tell myself.

8 comments:

  1. Great looking additions and a nice mix of manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil, they match up quite well I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant work Sir, I do like the Galatians!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciated Ray. Those are the easy ones the rest have clothes on, checky clothes and stripes. I'm mustering my strength for the ordeal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superb looking units, love the mix of manufacturers, especially interesting to see how well the Lancashire Games minis match in with the others, appear to blend in seamlessly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciated Meic, some of Lancashire's stuff is certainly worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work on those units. The armies are really building up now. I'm looking forward to seeing them all out en masse.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Richard. Macedonians and Persians for their first outing I reckon.

    ReplyDelete