Followers

Sunday, October 20, 2024

League of Augsburg-Going Dutch

 


This is my League of Augsburg Dutch Army.  It forms the core of my Grand Alliance Army.  Its genesis was 24 years ago.  How time races by.  The Blue Guards, two battalions. Flags from Ian at Warflag.


Often thought to be the finest infantry in Europe. Whatever of that, they were elite soldiers in every respect.




Regiment Aylva first battalion above and below.  Figures from Irregular, Essex drummer, and two of David's flags.



Regiment Brandenburg currently with Warflag flags. 


They need a stand of pike men added.


Regiment Keppel also in need of pike men.


Regiment Pallandt, and would you believe it? They need a stand of pike men too. Luckily I have the figures.


A couple of guns, Essex and Irregular.


Guard cavalry, maybe a second squadron needed here.



Ginkel's Regiment, two squadrons. That was unusual like the English the Dutch often simply had one.



Rede Cavalry here.


Schomberg's, I think, in two squadron's.



First above, second below.


Eppinger's Dragoons, an elite unit mounted and dismounted.



Two squadrons as you see.



Dismounted and ready for action below. All of the Eppinger's flags are from Ray at Don't Throw A One.


Seldom seen on the table top, some Dutch Marines.



By my reckoning I need to do 15 pike men and six troopers and that is my League of Augsburg Dutch Army completed. Not bad and it has taken less than a quarter of a century.










4 comments:

  1. Great parade and a very nice army, really well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look splendid OB, and I recognize several units that grace my own small WSS collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crackin work OB. Nice to see some Marines. That's something missing from my collection.

    ReplyDelete