Last week we considered mission creep. This week we see it. Lord Leven's Regiment of Horse in two squadrons. From Essex, in miniature that is.
The original first squadron here. Flags on this page by Wargames Designs.
Sir John Brown's Regiment of Horse, first squadron. Full strength below. Figures from Essex.
Next Irvine's Lancers, Borderers who turned out for Montrose. The Border Clans had been pretty much destroyed by James 1st of England, 6th of Scotland. Their society was still in a state of flux during the Civil Wars. Note, your left to right Peter Pig, FK15 and Naismith.
The Gordon Horse next. From Matchlock. I might give them a second squadron. I think Matchlock got the look right.
Ogilvy's Horse. A single squadron for these lads I think. Second from the left an Essex figure. Matchlock for the rest.
QRF Lancers below. These are small figures that might do as youths in a wider mix.
I was interested to read that in the fighting before Dunbar the Scots Lancers gave Cromwell's Ironside Cavalry a hard time of it. We must look at lances again sometime.
QRF Dragoons. I very much like these figures. I have enough to do another unit. You may think I should have cut the guidon to a swallow tail shape. I did wonder, but the white is patterned and so part of the flag.
Next two command figures, Brigadiers in fact.
The first is FK15's Sir John Hurry. Sir John got about in the War of Three Kingdoms Fighting for Royalists and Covenanters. It is a nice little figure and I nearly made him the centre of a General's stand.
Another Commander from the same stable. Stylish and evocative alas I have no idea who he is supposed to be.
One of the lads on LAF enquired if a Scottish Supplement was available for Victory Without Quarter? Not to my knowledge but we can have a go at producing one in the interim.
We will be south of Berwick again next week
No comments:
Post a Comment