Followers

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Greek War of Independence-Ibrahim Pasha’s Army





This is my take on Ibrahim Pasha’s Army for the Greek War of Independence.  It is based for Rebels and Patriots.  The figures are all from Minifigs Napoleonic Ottoman range.  I’ve included my categorisation of the troop types under the rules.  It’s informed guess work at best.  If you have other suggestions I’d be interested.

The light cavalry at 4 points 6 figures in the unit. A couple of officers and some Yoruk volunteers.


The Egyptian Regular Infantry.  Line Infantry on the European model. Aggressive Line Infantry at 5 points 12 figures in each unit.



I have two units of these and may do three.


Balkan Sharp Shooters.  Skirmish troops good shooters 6 figures per unit costing 4 points.



Provincial Sekhans.  Irregular infantry who can skirmish or fight hand to hand.  Categorised as aggressive natives who are poor shooters.  Costing 4 points with 12 figures per unit.


A light gun with crew and limber.  Costing 6 points.


I will probably add a couple of units of Albanian skirmishers of six figures each.  Ibrahim Pasha will then have choices about what sort of force to field.  As it stands I have 24 points worth that constitutes a side in Rebels and Patriots.





8 comments:

  1. Thanks very much Ray. I'm currently converting their Greek opponents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you started building your Greek Forces?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have, only the Philhellenes to go and they will be finished. I'll do post here when I have them done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very tidy looking force- who will bring those Greek troublemakers under control!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers John. I need to get back to work on my Greeks.

    ReplyDelete