Followers

Friday, September 24, 2021

ACW Confederate Cavalry and Artillery 15mm

 

More progress on my ACW Rescue Project.  Today, we have the cavalry and the artillery for the Confederacy.  There will be another battery of two guns.  I’ve used a mix of figures.

Here are the artillery.   

Guns from QRF, Gunners and limber from Peter Pig. 


Once again, I commend Martin on this limber and crew. I have 2 of them for this brigade.

Now the cavalry, one from Battle Honours, two from QRF. 

I chose to do two Virginian and one Texas regiments. 


From "Use your pistols like gentlemen." to "Stick to your sabres."

Here they are dismounted, all Battle Honours. Morale is getting shaky, maybe someone's spotted Braxton Bragg.

Horse holders to follow. I seem, again, to have a glut of the latter.


I’m aiming for a cavalry brigade of three regiments with a battery of two guns in support.   

 


I’ll post a pic when I’m done.

Next up, the Confederate infantry brigades.

5 comments:

  1. Been catching up on your ACW work. I've never been so bothered about modest size differences between ACW ranges - though mixing Blue Moon with Peter Pig would be quite a stretch. In different units on the same table doesn't bother me so much. Yes, focus is what it takes. And serious dedication. And finding the process of painting personally rewarding.

    Using the same style of basing across a collection is the 'great leveler'.

    Now, here is the 'caveat': one day you will sit back in pride and Relief and say, at last, I am done - and can move on. And then at the next gaming meeting a pal you just don't know how to say no do will hand you a bag of 100 unpainted ACW figures and say, "You can use these, I'm never going to do anything with them. No, I don't want anything for them. Just give them a good home." And then your serenity is ruined. Yup, I've been there, done that (accept the proffered package anyway).

    Sounds like a nice collection - though you are giving the CSA too much artillery versus the VASTLY better supplied Union. At least you plan to add the Iron Brigade (who can resist?) and a colored brigade. And then you'll realize you need those troubled Tiger Zouaves out of Louisiana. Have fun...until. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I refuse nothing but blows, CiC. I think you're right about the artillery.

    Tigers, I'm pleased to say, will appear in the next ACW installment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work. I do like the red capped artillerymen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ray, they put me in mind of the ones Britains used to make way back when.

    ReplyDelete