Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Austrian and Prussian SYW 18mm infantry Progress

 


Above, IR 38 von Brandes Fusilier Regiment. Mostly Blue Moon with a bit of Lancashire Games padding in the rear rank.  Flags from Not by Appointment.

Hungarian Infantry, Regiment Johann Pálffy .  Again a few Lancashire Games figures in the rear rank. Flags from Kronoskaf.


Next, all from Lancashire Games, we have
Le noble Jager.  I like these figures and we can note they are not readily available in 18mm elsewhere.  I should add, in case you want some, they are marketed as 15mm.   

By way of an officer, I’ve painted one in jager uniform colours with gold lace on his tricorn, cuffs and lapels.  According to Kronoskaf we just don’t know what the unit's officers wore.  I consulted and this looks like a reasonable guess.

With that I have reached a milestone.  My first Prussian brigade is complete. Here are the regiments in succession.

IR3 Anhalt -Dessau above.  Figures from Blue Moon.

IR2 von Kanitz figures from Old Glory.  Another shot of IR38 von Brandes below.

 

Things are progressing nicely.  We will see some cavalry next time, both Austrian and Prussian.


15 comments:

  1. Excellent work! I think Lancashire Games’ figures are under appreciated. I love them! David’s flags are seeing great usage in many gamers’ armies. He will be pleased with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jon. Yes indeed, I've just received their Grenzers, Austrian Jagers and Prussian Frei Korp Jagers. All very nice figures that fit well with Blue Moon and Old Glory.

    David's flags are the best I've seen. I use them whenever I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work and one of my favourite periods. David's flags are simply superb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Steve, I'm looking forward to gaming it. I now have enough done for the first Honours of War scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wotk.Nice to see the completed brigade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Neil. Yeah, tangible progress. On to the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Ray. It took me a bit of time to adjust to painting 7YW figures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing units and great paint job. Hats off to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very attractive units, and very solid progress towards gameable forces. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks very much Gonsalvo, I'm getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent progress and great results too! Impressive. :-) As Jon says, I am always very pelased to see the flags in action...

    Cheers,

    David.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks David. The flags are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete