Followers

Friday, January 27, 2023

SYW Austrian Dragoons in 15/18mm

 


Hot on the hooves of their Prussian opponents comes my first Austrian Dragoon brigade.  There will be a second smaller one subsequently.  All are from Blue Moon.  Let's see them in detail.

 

Erherzog Joseph, natty in green.

 

 Red coats next.

Jung- Modena above and below.

 


 Back to green again.

 

The Saint Ignon Dragoons above and below.

 

As you can see I took the opportunity to avoid painting more Austrian white coats.  The flags are from Wargames Designs.

Here's the brigade again.

 

I have two bags of Old Glory figures for the next brigade. You get a lad or two in Bearskin cap from Old Glory.  I’m not sure which regiments I’ll choose to do.  Probably Prinz Savoyen for one and perhaps a blue coat unit.

I had a look at my Prussian grenadiers.  Not bad but room for improvement.  Also the facings do not match those of my musketeer regiments. Enough to warrant a repaint.  

There's not too much to it.  Re-painted cuffs, facings and caps will do the trick.  I also needed 6 additional figures to bring my second Grenadier unit up to strength.  After some humming and hawing I ordered them from Eureka. They are a tad taller than the Blue Moon fellows.  Regardless, I'll mix them in. I've made a start and will do the outstanding command figures while I'm at it.

My next SYW post then, will be the Austrian and Prussian Command a Prussian battery and the aforesaid grenadiers.

Also, my new Flodden Scots have turned up from QRF.  Much to do there.

6 comments:

  1. Nice looking units as always OB:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steve. I'm nearly there with this one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I happily field infantry regiments of Blue Moon, Old Glory, Lancashire Games, and Eureka on the table, I am stuck with my early path with Eureka cavalry. Others are simply too small for me. I know, it is difficult to tell the difference when viewed from above the table but I don’t veer from Eureka cavalry.

    You continue making solid progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mixing infantry is fine Jonathan. The cavalry not so much. Old Glory and Blue Moon work well enough together. Interestingly Lancashire SYW cavalry are a tad bigger than Eureka!

      Eureka cavalry are very nice and what with price rises from others are no longer the expensive option. I'm currently painting some Eureka Generals-very nice.

      Delete
  4. I like the look of those units. Great work as usual.

    ReplyDelete