Followers

Friday, February 3, 2023

SYW Prussian Grenadiers

 


After a bit of hesitation I decided to repaint my Prussian Grenadiers.  Not really a big job.  Caps, cuffs, and linings.  Now my grenadiers match their parent Musketeer regiments.  They don’t represent any known combined grenadier battalion that I’m aware of.  I’ll live with that.  Above you see both battalions.  I think they look the part.

So, who is there?  Let’s take a closer look.


 Anhalt- Dessau first.


 Next, Braunschweig.  Below, a combined battalion.

Von Kanitz.

 


Braunschweig-Bevern.

 


I mixed in a few Eureka figures to bring the numbers up.  The second combined battalion below.


Another job done.  Now for the Brigadiers and Generals and the last battery of artillery.  Then, amazingly, my SYW Pussian Army will be done.

8 comments:

  1. Looking good. Sometimes it's worth a little repaint to blend in and/or keep them parade ground ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Richard. This was one of those times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had you not mentioned your "mix and mismatching" grenadier coys into non-historical pairings, no one would been the wiser. I did spot a few back-ranker Eureka grenadiers in the mix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Probably right Jonathan. I thought I'd preempt any eagle eyed pedantry by full disclosure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always liked the SYW Prussian Grenadiers in their Mitered headdress, and these look the part! I would have done the same as you, and matched the facings to the line regiments you have. Heck, I went one further for my Austrian Grenadiers - each unit has all the same facing and button colors,, Gasp! Don't like it? Talk to der Kaiser... me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right Gonsalvo. I need to check my Austrian Grenadiers. I've got a feeling I didn't match them up. Also, I might need another parent unit of Hungarian Musketeers.
    This is what we signed up for.

    ReplyDelete